Owners of the HTC Incredible S surely love the phone and its 4-inch cinematic display and surround audio powered by SRS. Aside from having a unique contoured design for a tighter grip, the HTC Incredible S also packs a 1 GHz processor for efficient multitasking and a built-in camcorder for capturing moments in HDâ€“both of which makes the phone superbly appealing.Â As if those werenâ€™t enough, the HTC Incredible S now has one more reason to become more lovableâ€“Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich accessible to the device via the Virtuous Quattro ROM.
Directly built out of pure AOSP code, the ROM is expected to bring a pure Ice Cream Sandwich experience to HTC Incredible S users.Â The ROM is reportedly pre-rooted and optimized for the Incredible S.Â Though, since the firmware is still in alpha development, you can expect several bugs and issues here and there, although the majority of ICS features work right out of the box.
If you want your HTC Incredible S to taste some pure and sweet Ice Cream Sandwich, installing Virtuous Quattro is your key.Â Read on to know how to.
So you can install Alpha 3 of Virtuous Quattro on your HTC Incredible S, you will need the following
- A rooted HTC Incredible S, with ClockworkMod installedÂ (Need help with rooting? See our guide for rooting the HTC Incredible S.)
- Backup of important phone data
- At least 60% battery power
WARNING: Weâ€™ve taken pains to provide accurate information.Â But, we shall not hold ourselves responsible if you damage your phone by following these instructions.Â Install the firmware at your own risk.
- Click here to download the Virtuous Quattro Alpha 3 ROMÂ and save it to your computer.
- Copy the package to the root directory of the microSD card on your HTC Incredible S.
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot the phone into ClockworkMod Recovery:
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Highlight â€œbootloaderâ€ (use the Volume buttons) and select it by tapping the Power button.
- Highlight â€œrecoveryâ€ (use the Volume button) and select it by tapping the Power button.
- Create a backup of your current working ROM. You can do that by going to Backup and Restore > Backup.
- Wipe the phoneâ€™s data by selecting the following commands from the recovery menu:
- Wipe Data/Factory reset
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
- After wiping your phoneâ€™s data, select â€œInstall zip from sdcard.â€
- Select â€œChoose zip from sdcardâ€ and choose the downloaded ZIP file. Confirm to start installing the ROM.
- Once itâ€™s done, reboot your mobile phone by selecting â€œGo Backâ€ and choose â€œReboot System Now.â€
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Virtuous Quattro Alpha 3 ROM on your HTC Incredible S, which will bring Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich to your phone.
8,428 total views, 1 views today